ℹ️ 💭 Key question: How can you have a clear overview of all your outbound efforts?
🛠️ What you’ll need:
- You’ve done Chapter 5 so you should have all tabs until 17_Ideal_30Day_Outbound_Sequence.
- Your CRM or marketing automation software opened.
🔥 What you’ll get at the end of this chapter:
- Your target accounts are imported properly inside your marketing CRM
- A custom tracking system within your marketing CRM so that you can manage campaigns efficiently and report correctly
- An acquisition blacklist so that you don’t enroll any contacts by mistake in one of your outreach campaigns.
⏳ Estimated work time: 3h
⭕ TL;DR: Marketing must focus on their target accounts.
Most modern marketing teams report the number of monthly leads, MQLs, and SQLs.
It’s great, but if you want to know if these KPIs are really relevant, you need to get the % of these leads coming from your target accounts: accounts you need to sell to if you want to trigger growth for your company.
Also, most companies forget about implementing a custom tracking system to enable outbound reporting.
Since these target accounts will be the ones you need to work with, we will help you build a system that provides a clear outbound history of all your efforts.
Ready? Let’s go.
Integrate all your Target Addressable Market in your Marketing CRM
Your total addressable market based on what we learned from your customer base is here, tab 11: #11_New_TargetAccounts (TAM)
Now what we need to do is to import all these accounts inside your marketing automation software.
- Build some custom reporting within these accounts so that you can assess your marketing efforts where they need to be truly put
Examples: How many responses have you generated within your target market in the last 30 days? How many new leads were generated from these accounts in the last week? How many accounts in your target market have not received a message in the last 60 days? This is how a great marketing team should be running today 🙂
- Set up some alerts for your marketing or sales team as soon as one of the leads within this target market just downloaded any content or visited your website
- Optimize your lead scoring based on this new data inside your marketing automation software
And much more you could do with this new info. The sky's the limit.
You just need to import these companies inside your marketing automation software with a custom “tag”.
Here’s the easiest way of doing it:
- Create a new custom field whose name is “Target Account”
- Object type: Company Level
- Group: Target Accounts Information
- Field type: Single Checkbox (blank - yes - no)
Then → Import all your Target Accounts Domain Names + Target Account = Yes.
You can now have a clear view of all your new target accounts inside your marketing CRM 🔥
Set up a custom outbound tracking
Now that you’ve launched many campaigns, you need to be able to have a clear view of what happened last on any contact or account within this target market.
- “We don’t know what the last action we made on this account”.
It is a problem that arises in 90% of companies doing outbound, as they did not previously set up a custom and simple tracking for that. And that’s a big problem.
- You’ll be using these new tracking custom fields to build your blacklist in 3).
Definition Blacklist: a custom smart list of contacts that you can automatically use to prevent some contacts from being enrolled by mistake in any campaign you launch.
- You’ll be using this tracking system to build your reporting dashboard easily.And many more reasons 🙂
We have a proven ready-to-use template for you.
🥳 Here it is 18_Outbound_Tracking_Template 👇
Build your Outbound Blacklist to avoid errors and cold sweat
You need to speed up the contact selection process and make sure you're not targeting contacts you shouldn't be.
We need to build a custom smart list (contact list with dynamic filters) in order to eject all of these contacts from your outreach automatically.
Here are the main things I advise you to put in your smart list:
Exclude Current Customer
- Extract #2_Your_Customer_DomainNames and create a first filter: Website URL / Domain Name is: … OR … OR … OR … (all your customer domain names)
- Add another filter such as, Lifecycle Stage = Customer or Lead Status = Customer… Actually, add any data that can prove it is a current customer
Exclude ongoing deals
Lifecycle Stage = Opportunity or Lead Status = Opportunity…
Add any data that can prove it is a current deal handled by your sales. Also, exclude any recently lost opportunities.
Bounces and unsubs
Exclude all contacts that have marketing emails bounced > 0 or contacts that have opted out.
Exclude recent interactions
- Last Sales Activity on the contact < 30 days
- Last Reply Date < 90 days and/or Last Campaign Date (company-level) < 30 days
A final outbound blacklist for new customer acquisition can look like this:
Final Words & Key Milestones
🎉 Wow, what a journey together!
Now, if everything ran well for you, you should have at least:
- An enriched customer base
- A new similar prospect base to engage (both your full list of key accounts for 2023 + qualified contacts with valid emails)
- Your new actionable personas with valid booleans & more
- A segmented view of your prospect base with alibis and buying signals
- Your next top-5 campaigns you’ll be launching next month
- Clear expertise of how to generate replies during your campaigns
- All key tips in mind to avoid errors
- Your target accounts integrated within your current CRM
- A custom outbound tracking system up and running